I have always been unreliable in recording the time it takes to make a painting. I mean I have a rough idea but never own up to the act...

Dog Portrait


I have always been unreliable in recording the time it takes to make a painting. I mean I have a rough idea but never own up to the actual hours.   Why?    Firstly I believe I should be quicker, and if I was farming out paintings left right and centre I would be a bit quicker.  Secondly typically I have a lack of conviction, or rather a wavering of conviction.  Perhaps I take all these hours to make a painting because I am not very good and if I own up to the amount of time it takes I will be found out. Yes I know it sounds crazy.  It is not just me, plenty of artists feel like this.  What an insecure bunch we are :)  

Gus was sketched a few times in rough,  then a good drawing done, and transferred onto watercolour paper. Then he was dunked in the bath for a few minutes, popped onto a board and stuck down and allowed to dry.  Then it took around 20 hours.  There I said it.


 See more on  my new blog and website link here Manic Illustrations.


0 comments: