Below is my painting of the Mountain Spirit of Korea, a shaman or sanshin associated with immortality, nature and trees.  The tiger here is ...

Finished Piece - The Mountain Spirit.

Below is my painting of the Mountain Spirit of Korea, a shaman or sanshin associated with immortality, nature and trees.  The tiger here is deliberately larger than life to embue  the calm power of the Sanshin. This is a spirit of ancient times and is seen incorporated within Buddhist temples when they were built in the 4th Century in Korea. 
This piece was supposed to have been completed a couple of posts ago, but I had reservations about the bottom right corner.....I have promised myself to now leave it be.  
Click this link to see a typical korean image : Sanshin Mountain Spirit 

Korean Mythology - The Mountain Spirit

Workings -finding the right expression.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is really beautiful. I want to go and sit with nearby, within their circle of peace and calm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Penny...actually now you have said it so do I, and we will stick with "nearby" in case we wake the tiger...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, I like this very much. Your tiger and the old man appear almost as one being, suggesting the mountain spirit is exclusive to neither.

    Really lovely, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete